From: TWSocket [mailto:twsocket-boun...@lists.elists.org] On Behalf Of Angus
Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
Sent: 08 October 2013 12:04
To: twsocket@lists.elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Delphi TServerSocket vs ICS equivalent

> I assume I can set the component not to filter anything incoming. I
> will be receiving shed loads of XML type data with CR LFs optional.

The two main decisions using TSocketServer are whether to send a banner on
answer (which upsets many clients) and whether to use LineMode to receive
data.

LineMode=true is for short line oriented protocols and is easy to implement,
but you receive nothing until a LineEnd (defaults to CRLF) appears.  So
LineMode=false is safer and you receive random sized buffers which you
process as you wish.

Angus