> Look at free Magenta Systems IP Log Streaming Component at:
>
> http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp
>
> which is a high level TCP/IP and UDP/IP, server and client, all in a single
> component, that can be dropped on a form and only needs a couple of events to
> send and receive lines of data.
>
> There is an EXE demo in the zip.  It handles all the boring error handling,
> connection and disconnection events, retries on failure, etc, so you just
> program your own protocol.
>
> I've just finished a new version supporting SSL and IPv6, not on the web site
> yet.

Angus,

I just fiddled a bit with one server instance and several client instances, it
seems to be exactly
what I need.
So, if I want to make the conversation back and forth like asking for a status
and waiting for a
reply, I would need two instances of the component to handle both directions of
the communication?

Florian