> So, if I want to make the conversation back and forth like asking
> for a status and waiting for a
> reply, I would need two instances of the component to handle both
> directions of the communication?

No, once a connection is made you have two-way communication, use the
SendLogLine method to send a line and anything received arrives in the
LogRecvEvent.

But you can have as many instances of the component as you need, using
different IP addresses and ports.

Note this is really designed for line based protocols, it buffers a line at a
time.  I may add streaming in the future, but don't need it for any of my own
applications, yet.