> I know you guys are probably very busy, but I need to ask.
> Is there any progress in an android version of ICS?
> I'm fully into Firemonkey making an Android App but the Indy
> component is very difficult to work with (for me anyway)
> Would it be possible to give an update on the status (if any?)

Sorry, there is no Android progress.

No-one has volunteered the hundreds of hours it would take, no-one has
offered to pay for the development needed.  We did ask Embarcadero but
they seem content with Indy (which I assume they make a financial
contribution towards).

The only positive news is the latest Delphi roadmap mentions the next
release 10.1 Big Ben will include 8-bit UTF8 strings in mobile, where
currently ICS would need it's own 8-bit implementation (which was
started).  This will simplify sharing code between platforms.

Angus