Hello! This is my first post to this group, though I've been involved in trying to end the clock changing for more than 10 years now. You can see more of what I do at locktheclock.net.

(In short, these days I'm mostly advocating for something that I think you will all like: a two-year phase in. That will give you all plenty of time, and also allow individual US states time to opt for permanent Standard Time if they like, and there will still be time for all of you to make the needed changes. I got the U.S. Senate to adopt that amendment to the Sunshine Protection Act, but it's not on the bill that passed the House. I'm still working hard to make sure that gets fixed in the Senate.)

But for today, the main thing I wanted to share was that NYT story with a gift link so that everyone can see it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/18/world/canada/manitoba-daylight-saving-clock-change.html?unlocked_article_code=1.CVE.z7C9.c34B9Vsx44QP&smid=url-share

-Scott

On 2026-09-18 17:17, Brooks Harris via tz wrote:

New York Times article (behind paywall)
Manitoba Joins List of Canadian Provinces to Stop Changing Clocks
https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/18/world/canada/manitoba-daylight-saving-clock-change.html

Reply via email to