Thanks for the help on the DOS thing everyone.  I guess I wasnt aware
of the 'DOS /C'.  Although, now that I see it, I think I have seen it
posted here before.  Sorry to dig the same hole twice. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard A.
Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 5:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [U2] Universe Sequential File Attributes

try this, replace PAY.BP with your type 1/19 file name

FILE.LIST = ''
EXECUTE 'DOS /C DIR PAY.BP' CAPTURING DIRECTORY
DIR.CNT = COUNT(DIRECTORY,@AM) + (DIRECTORY NE "")
FOR I = 1 TO DIR.CNT
    THIS.LINE = TRIM(DIRECTORY<I>)
    DATE = FIELD(THIS.LINE,' ',1)
    FILE.NAME = FIELD(THIS.LINE,' ',4)
    IDATE = ICONV(DATE,'D')
    IF STATUS() EQ 0 AND FILE.NAME NE '' AND FILE.NAME NE '.' AND F
  '..' AND FILE.NAME NE 'bytes' THEN
       SORT.VALUE = IDATE:"*":FILE.NAME
       LOCATE SORT.VALUE IN FILE.LIST<1,1> BY 'DL' SETTING POS ELSE
          FILE.LIST = INSERT(FILE.LIST,1,POS,0,SORT.VALUE)
       END
    END
NEXT I
DIR.CNT = COUNT(FILE.LIST,@VM) + (FILE.LIST NE "")