Tony;

I probably asked many of the same questions. I did understand that if the
coding was done for non-persistent apps then the number of licenses (both
for pdp.net and the database) would be less.

I guess I should have qualified it more. We were looking at a "new"
non-persistent app that was piggy-backing on our current database
connections so we had no "extra" savings there. The connection - at this
stage  - was light and inquiry only. We had only 2 D3 clients left - of
which one converted to UD last week and I learned Friday that the last one
wants to convert Friday.

This meant that we went with the free Uni-OLEDB interface. Which worked fine
for us. I think what worried me most was that the SMA only covered minor
product upgrades and since it was fairly new I was worried that there might
be a couple major upgrades coming up.

We never did get it in house so I can't comment on its technical merits.
However, based on its pricing I just can't see justifying it for U2 only
access.

Thanks for making me make sure this was clear,
--
Colin Alfke
Calgary, Alberta Canada

"Just because something isn't broken doesn't mean that you can't fix it"

Stu Pickles