Like Mark, we are using UOJ to send and receive the XML to UniVerse.  We ended up
developing our own routines, to get a better response.  We have the need for near real
time access, in our J2EE environment, and utilize XML in the web app as well as the
means to communicate to the UniVerse Back end.

Interesting enough, we are using DB2 for our Cache Database, and a common XML schema
for both databases.  Updates are sent to Universe, and then the change is replicated
back to the DB2 Cache.

( Over simplification, but the point is that we needed a way to process the XML
quickly, and saving it to disk before processing was to resource intensive )

Mike