The suggestion made by Ray using uvbackup as a check of files is the
philosophy we have adopted after experiencing this type of corruption.  We
run this every Saturday night over all our files and email the result
reporting any likely problems.

We are still discussing this one with IBM. They suggested that fixtool in UV 10.0.14 or later will find more errors than uvbackup.

When (if?) we find a solution I'll post the results. IBM have suggested that the initial corruption problem which sent us this way is patched in UV 10.0.17 or later (including 10.1), but they believe that not taking the ON ERROR clause when a blink error is encountered may be a bug.