>When (if?) we find a solution I'll post the results. IBM have suggested
>that the initial corruption problem which sent us this way is patched in
>UV 10.0.17 or later (including 10.1), but they believe that not taking
>the ON ERROR clause when a blink error is encountered may be a bug.

I am not sure I would agree that blink errors not taking ON ERROR clauses
is a defect. While inconvenient to the user to have a program stop
abruptly, the error needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible or the
problem will perpetuate. The abort in this case is a deliberate one, i.e.
it is intended to occur and not meant to be trapped programmatically.

I'll address this internally as well.

Regards,

LeRoy F. Dreyfuss
Advanced Technical Services - U2 Technology Analyst
IBM U2 Data Management Solutions
Tel: 303-672-1254          Fax: 303-294-4832
Mobile: 720-341-4317
External email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:  http://www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support

www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support - Open, Query, Update, Search -
Online!

Don't miss out on the IBM DB2 Information Management Technical Conference
September 19-24, 2004 - Las Vegas, NV

             Craig Bennett
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             au>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [U2] [UV] File corruption
             07/25/2004 05:37          error, but ON ERROR branchnot
             PM                        taken

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

> The suggestion made by Ray using uvbackup as a check of files is the
> philosophy we have adopted after experiencing this type of corruption.
We
> run this every Saturday night over all our files and email the result
> reporting any likely problems.

We are still discussing this one with IBM. They suggested that fixtool
in UV 10.0.14 or later will find more errors than uvbackup.

When (if?) we find a solution I'll post the results. IBM have suggested
that the initial corruption problem which sent us this way is patched in
UV 10.0.17 or later (including 10.1), but they believe that not taking
the ON ERROR clause when a blink error is encountered may be a bug.

Craig

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of graycol.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic31039.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of ecblank.gif]