>But Leroy, the program neither aborts nor takes the ON ERROR branch, it
>takes the ELSE branch and continues.
That might be a problem. I guess you see something in the errlog file, but
does anything display on the screen? If so, then perhaps that is a problem.
The code is a bit tricky and blink errors are tested a bit deep in it, but
it should probably be a non-recoverable fatal error that drops to TCL
regardless of the clause used.

On the other hand, it is coded such that it takes the ELSE clause, probably
not being set as fatal. it has also been that way since blink checking was
added to UV, and that has been for quite a few years. I am not sure why
this behavior is a problem now.

Regards,

LeRoy F. Dreyfuss
Advanced Technical Services - U2 Technology Analyst
IBM U2 Data Management Solutions
Tel: 303-672-1254          Fax: 303-294-4832
Mobile: 720-341-4317
External email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:  http://www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support

www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support - Open, Query, Update, Search -
Online!

Don't miss out on the IBM DB2 Information Management Technical Conference
September 19-24, 2004 - Las Vegas, NV

             Craig Bennett
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             au>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [U2] [UV] File corruption
             07/25/2004 08:24          error, but ON ERROR branch not
             PM                        taken

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

> I am not sure I would agree that blink errors not taking ON ERROR clauses
> is a defect. While inconvenient to the user to have a program stop
> abruptly, the error needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible or the
> problem will perpetuate. The abort in this case is a deliberate one, i.e.
> it is intended to occur and not meant to be trapped programmatically.
>
> I'll address this internally as well.

But Leroy, the program neither aborts nor takes the ON ERROR branch, it
takes the ELSE branch and continues.

Craig

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of graycol.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic22473.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of ecblank.gif]