Mark,
      I've used CURR (current) in the same way in many programs. I'm a
1983 vintage programmer who learned mostly from guys who had five years
seniority over me.
    I've never done the untrusted READ thing, though.

    - Chuck "Older Than I Look, But Starting to Look My Age" Barouch

--

        Charles Barouch
CTO

Key Ally, Inc.
<http://www.KeyAlly.com> P. O. Box 540957
Queens, NY 11354 USA

Work: (718) 762-3884x1
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Professional Profile <https://www.linkedin.com/e/fps/1501071/>
Mount Olympus Systems <http://www.MtOlympus.us>

See who we know in common <https://www.linkedin.com/e/wwk/1501071/>
Want a signature like this? <https://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/1501071/>