Hi LeRoy

We moved a UniVerse application from Sun to Windows and had no problems.  We
avoid using and O/S functionality so our system is transportable from
Windows, unix, linux.  We use our own import and export utilities to move
between platforms so we don't run into the bit order.

With Windows 2003 there is a funny, where the RPC and telnet can suddenly
drop out and to avoid it we set in Windows Services to make the services
interactive with the desktop.

Our application is not a transaction intensive system, but we do heavily use
select lists and this seems to perform better on Windows than the Sun Box.

The one thing we look forward to is for the UniVerse Administrator does not
to have to be the administrator login, many large sites would prefer this to
be case, particularly with server consolidation that is going on.

Regards

David Jordan
Managing Consultant

[EMAIL PROTECTED]