From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:36 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] System Migration issues

You didn't say which U2 product, which makes all the difference in the
world for this answer. So, because I know a bit of this on Universe, I'll
target my answer at that DBMS.

My experience with distributed file transfers is that FTP is fine.
HOWEVER, when the file is on the new system, you must run fnuxi on the
file before doing anything else. Fnuxi clears the distributed parts out of
the file header, thus making it a standard hashed file again. So, the main
file has to be removed and then the file re-distributed. The Partfile
algorithm is hard-coded in each file's header as is the absolute path to
each partfile.

HTH

Karl

<quote who="Sirulnick, Steve">
> I am migrating an old AIX server running U2 to RH Linux.  Because of the
> server's limitations, I need to transfer files between the two devices via
> FTP and then converting the files for Linux use.  After doing so, my
> distributed files are getting corrupted. It looks like the IBM provided
> fixtool utility repairs the files, but it's taking way too long for my
> larger distributed files.  Making a HUGE assumption that it's the file
> transfer responsible for the file corruption, is there a preferred method
> for copying data files?
>

> Steve

karl

 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
IT Director, ATS Industrial Supply, Inc.
http://www.atsindustrial.com