> We must remember that programming and computers in general
> has changed much since the beginning.
>
> How many remember punch cards.
> Can programmers today relate to a time when programmers submitted
> their code to be placed on punched cards?

Sure can.  I usually had to do my own keypunching, especially when
working late.  Wish I had a buck for every time a compile failed
because I absent-mindedly stuck the old card back in the deck and
threw away the new one.

> And the fun task of reading core dumps.

All I can say is, you have a strange notion of "fun".

As long as we are waxing nostalgic, how about old-master, new-master
update processing on sequential files?  Or the ear-splitting sound of
old line printers with the cover open?  The unique sound of a 1403-N1
printing a barber-pole test pattern?

I don't miss the "good old days" at all.