<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
> We just had something chew up two source programs today.   We have
> restored from yesterday, but that still means 4-5 lost hours.   And the
> programmer is one of those young guys that works directly to/from the
> screen rather then pencil scribling like this old timer.
>
> He still has the latest version of object.  Is there a quick/free way to
> look at his object code and remind him of the program structure?

VLIST BP FNAME may work, and may not if the source is gone. But it may be
worth trying.

Also, I have a Linux server on my network that has a 300 GB disk. I have
NFS mounts to and from our business system to that Linux server's 300 GB
disk. Nightly at 1am, a script I wrote copies our business database,
including source and object, and customer/vendor data, etc. from the
server to the Linux 300 GB disk in subdirectories named day_01, day_02
.... day_31 which means we have a month of backups available at any given
time.

I have HTTP running on the Linux server so programmers can point their
browser to it, and select navigate into day_NN/BP/BP to see whatever
source code they just hosed. This has saved hours of restore time for me,
the IT department (yes, my title is IT Director, but I digress).

Just a thought. Easy to implement, even if your server is WINDOWS based
using Sambe instead of NFS. I do both, by the way, but the Samba shares
backup our accountant's tax tables and other spreadsheets daily at 8am
after initial editing is over (she starts at 7am).

HTH,

Karl

> Thanks,
> Roger