From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Leach
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:54 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Universe Triggers

One gotcha is that once a trigger is on there, you can't easily
change/extend it unless your system has a downtime period in which everyone
is logged out. For this reason on 24x7 sites I use a master trigger that can
call subtriggers, held as a list in a parameter file. This means that a new
subtrigger can be inserted, old subtriggers removed etc without having to
log everyone out. Yes, it means an extra read and yes it is an imperfect
solution in an imperfect world..

And of course remember you are running under transactional constraints when
using triggers.

Brian