Brian, definitely one of my concerns was dealing with changes that were
needed in the future so I like the idea of the subtriggers.  In my little
bit of testing I found that you don't want to be messing with these very
often after you set them.

Jeff, are you suggesting that I can use an index instead of a trigger.  It
seems like I did something like this before with an I-description calling a
subroutine but it seemed like I had some issues in there.  Maybe I'll give
that another try as well and see which fits better.

Thanks for the help.