Hi Dave

A uniObjects subroutine call is a 'black box' RPC. It doesn't allow any kind of
user interaction to interrupt the call. If you're going into debug, that will
hang because it has nowhere from which to take input.

Sorry, but that's how it is designed.

Brian

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, and hope that someone may have the answer to a
problem which is causing me a lot of headaches at the moment.

I'm using VB6 and UniObjects to connect to a Universe Database.

I call DataBasic routines from the VB6 client.

All works fine, until there is a problem in the databasic code, which
sends it into DEBUG.

The client screen locks up, and my talking screenreader goes into sulk
mode, which normally means I have to reboot.

I wouldn't expect anyone on the list to solve the screenreader problem,
but sighted colleagues have reported similar experiences with this type
of connection.

Is this a bug in UniObjects, or did I set it up wrongly.

Many thanks for any ideas,

Dave