Hey Bob,

I do promise that I will look at it. It may be exactly what I am
looking for and as I said I _want_ to look at all solutions proposed.

My inherent developer side always draws me to 'roll-your-own'
solutions first since they generally give you a lot more control. The
down side obviously is the complexity issue. And that ALWAYS sends you
looking for robust solutions that may trade off some _control_ for
manageability and less headaches. In other words, I'm just as
_practical_  as much as I am a "Big Idea" guy. :)

I favor LaTeX because of the huge community that surrounds it and the
wealth of information that can be derived from it and because it
produces beautiful documents. That being said, it's also very terse
and not well known. Since I am the sole programmer I have to consider
the person who will inevitably fill my shoes one day when I move on.
What is the likely hood of them knowing LaTeX? How difficult would it
be for them to learn? and so on. When taking questions like that into
consideration you can see how they may tip the scales in favor of
another method.

Norm