On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Glen B wrote:

> Doesn't using PrintWizard imply the use of a Windows server somewhere? If
> not, then can you provide a link to your Linux version?
> I've looked your offering over several times and end up considering other
> options simply because I already have too many disparate servers forced to
> perform individual tasks due to vendor "requirements". I'm hoping I missed
> something. I'm not yet at the virtualization point since one power supply
> has 10X higher of a chance of blowing up than 10 power supplies.

It is true that Print Wizard runs on Windows, although it does not require
a dedicated machine or even a particularly powerful machine. In this case,
the original poster said his UV was running on Windows.

Print Wizard is not particularly portable. It makes intensive use of the
Windows printer driver, and nothing similar exists on the Unix/Linux
platform. PW is written in Delphi, which is nominally portable to Linux
(but not to SCO Open Server, for instance) as Kylix. Some time back I
developed a version for Kylix that focused mainly on PDF creation, but it
dies for lack of attention.

If you need the functionality of Print Wizard and don't want to add a
Windows box, then virtualization is probably the way to go.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: r...@anzio.com
 company e-mail: r...@anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com
 street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                 10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                 Portland, OR  97223  USA