I moved data from a GA R91 machine to Universe using Account saves and some
modified programs from U2.

To read the tape and write a tape file on the disk to use to restore from:
Navigate to c:\ibm\u2\bin and run:

UVMT -d\\.\tape0 -bBLOCKSIZE -t fread > filename to Restore to

U2 provided the following set of programs originally designed to move data from
D3 to Universe.

MVRESTORE.  Designed to restore an account save from R91 into an existing
universe account.

Unlike D3RESTORE this routine restores the files into the account from which it
is executed.  Also handles BSegments on tape.  Will create multi-level files
where appropriate.

The 'R91' system has an additional tape record not seen on the 'MV' systems.
For a type 'DC' file each item is followed by an 'ET' tape record.  The 'DC'
file as I understand it represents an 'indirect reference'.  The 'ET' record
seems to be a hex value that points to where the record in question is stored.
Suspect this is either a disk record number or group number.

Put the routines in APP.PROGS file.  Compile all except 'COMMON'.  Catalog them
globally, ie.,

        CATALOG APP.PROGS *MVBSEGMENT
        CATALOG APP.PROGS *MVDSEGMENT
        CATALOG APP.PROGS *MVGETBLOCK
        CATALOG APP.PROGS *MVGETRECORD
        CATALOG APP.PROGS *MVISEGMENT
        CATALOG APP.PROGS *MVRESTORE

In each account where you want to restore the data, create a simple pointer to
'MVRESTORE', for example:

             MVRESTORE
        001 V
        002 *MVRESTORE
        003 B
        004 N

Log in to the account on Universe that you want to restore.
Execute with image name on command-line, ie., 'MVRESTORE FILENAME from UVMT
command created above'. The file must exist in the account you are to restoring.

Hope this helps
Dave