Aren't simple protocols, even custom ones, great! ;)  I almost always
write code using non-blocking functions so that there is true control. You
gain more control over the data and you can build more responsive
applications since you're not letting the network subsystem control the flow
of your app.

Glen Batchelor
IT Director
All-Spec Industries