One point to consider...
IBM owns tons of databases but they only publicly talk about 1: DB2. Rocket doesn't own any databases. If they want to be in that market, U2 is 100% of their stake. Nothing is certain, but that is encouraging.

  - Chuck

Mecki Foerthmann wrote:
George,
I think Dawn's emphasis was on survive, and that doesn't necessarily mean thrive. To my ears the Rocket business plan for "legacy" products sounds more like running a rest home for no longer wanted technology They keep it alive as long as there is a profit to be made from licence and support fees, and when that runs out they let it pass away.. The U2 products will "survive" OK, but all we're most likely going to get in future are maybe some patches but no new development.

Nobody buys a business to kill it? Do hedgefonds managers know that too?