Agreed it is the database. I guess I was not clear. If your
archictecture has layers dbms/DAL/BAL/UI then you COULD if you wanted to
theoretically at least change one of these without largely impacting the
other layers. Therefore if you did not like the dbms licensing model or
the customer wanted into to run on another dbms then (provided you had
written) the dbms schema and had a DAL for that dbms then you could
switch the dbms. Admittedly a bit of work, if you have an already
application, but gives you the flexibility of what you want.

Symeon thinks this is old school, and it is not without challenges, but
it does allow you to break each of the components which WILL change
independently of the others. U2 disappears for the example, or prices
itself out of the market you are in, the business/industry changes some
logic, or the user wants to use and iphone or see their business data in
a hologram ;-)

Oracle
> (Ok. I think the latest version of Oracle has something), MySQL or
MSSQL