This reminds me of the spare light bulbs in our home. My wife keeps them in five (5) different places. I keep complaining I can never find the right light bulb for the right light fixture with a burned out bulb. :-)

When software is spread around like the spare light bulbs in our house, perhaps this should alert us that things aren't very good, and the industry needs to take a good hard look at their practices. :-)

Bill

Tony Gravagno said the following on 2/3/2011 2:48 PM:
From: Wol
The problem is, where do you put the layers. That's my
beef with relational, the layer is in COMPLETELY the
wrong place. This means a large chunk of information,
which *belongs* in the database layer, *has* to be put
into the business layer.
That inspired another blog.  :)
"Multi-tier coding patterns with MV"
nospamNebula-RnD.com/blog/tech/mv/2011/02/mv-patterns1.html