Kevin just create a script and execute it.  This is fairly simple and you
can capture the output from the _PH_ file.  We have a public warehouse
application that uses EDI to talk with lots of different customers.  This
process is their life blood and works like a champ from 6.0 to 7.2.7 of
Unidata.

           ITEM = 'open ftp1.com'
           ITEM<-1> = 'user dave...@u2logic.com'
           ITEM<-1> = 'daverch7777'
           ITEM<-1> = 'bin'
           ITEM<-1> = 'cd inbox'
           ITEM<-1> = 'lcd c:\IBM\ud72\WH.DATA\WH.EDI'
           ITEM<-1> = 'put ':EDI.ID
           ITEM<-1> = 'quit'
           WRITE ITEM ON HOLD,'ftp_send.txt'
          TEMP = 'c:\IBM\ud72\XLr8\_HOLD_\'
          LINE = "!ftp -n -d -s:\:TEMP:\ftp_send.txt"\
          EXECUTE 'PHANTOM ':LINE CAPTURING OUTPUT

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com
"A plethora of SMB applications all 100% Web based"