Yes, and my point is that in the U2/UniBasic ecosystem, those collections of
subroutines are not readily available anywhere.

What if you want to use a web service that emits JSON?  Is it going to take
you 3 lines of code and 5 minutes to write a JSON parser?  And what about
serialization, compression, PDF generation?  These things are useful and not
trivial to write and maintain.

And what language features have been added to UniBasic lately?  I can't
think of any.  No objects, no regular expressions, no lambdas, etc.

-Rob