On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Tony Gravagno <3xk547...@sneakemail.com> wrote:
>> From: Steve Romanow
>> When i look at an eclipse application I see 80% ui
>> that is not relevant to the task at hand.  I agree
>> that it and most every app implemented with it are
>> trash.
>
> I agree with the first sentence that Eclipse is bloated, but
> "most every app implemented with it are trash" ??  That's
> unreasonable, as the IDE doesn't relate to the skills of the
> developer, nor the end-product, unless the IDE inherently
> precludes specific language/framework features from being used.
>
> Miscellaneous: Eclipse is now the recommended platform for
> Android apps and thus has attracted a new following.  Personally
> I use NetBeans for both Java and PHP simply because it's
> convenient (and VS for .NET).  It would be nice if we had more
> options for MV-oriented development using mainstream tools.
> There aren't enough companies building in such integration, and
> not enough adoption in this market to make it worth it for more
> companies to step up to the challenge.

That was a trollish unreasonable statement.  I apologize.  I think a
more appropriate statement would be:

overwhelmed by eclipses gargantuan size, and underwhelmed by the
applications presented.

Does it bother anyone that all of the Rocket provided eclipse apps
come with their own static copy of eclipse?

I mean the editor in BDT, is it "that" great of an editor, besides
being graphical and has syntax hilighting?

Real IDE's are necessary for some projects like java and (also java,
Droid) development since it helps with packaging and whatnot.  That
really doesnt seem necessary for an mv app.

I'll stick to my old school vim, mercurial, and ssh.