From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Brett Callacher
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:25 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] The math just doesn't work.

Hi Bill,

I think you would need to set Wide Zero to something like the UV default
(2.91 * 10^-11) to do a comparative test.

Thanks for checking anyway.

Brett

"Bill Haskett" <wphask...@advantos.net> wrote in message
> Brett:
>
> When I run the following code on UD v7.2.7, it works fine.
>
> *
> ** Test program
> EXECUTE \SET.WIDEZERO 0.01\
> *
> NUL = ''
> CM = ','
> A = -409071.8775: CM: 475000: CM: -652413: CM: 652413: CM: -475000: CM:
> 409071.8775
> *
> TEST.VMC = 1
> TEST.TOTAL = 0
> *
> LOOP UNTIL FIELD(A, CM, TEST.VMC) = NUL DO
>     TEST.TOTAL += FIELD(A, CM, TEST.VMC)
>     TEST.VMC += 1
> REPEAT
> *
> IF TEST.TOTAL = 0 THEN
>     PRINT 'OK'
> END ELSE
>     PRINT TEST.TOTAL, (TEST.TOTAL = 0), TEST.TOTAL - 0,
> (OCONV(TEST.TOTAL, 'MD0') = 0)
> END
>
> *2 Dev (0)-> RUN BP BILL
> OK*
>
> HTH,
>
> Bill

However, consider this code:

> >        NUL = ''
> >
> >        CM = ','
> >
> >        A = -409071.8775: CM: 475000: CM: -652413: CM: 652413: CM:
-475000: CM: 409071.8775

> > *
> >
> > *
> >
> >        TEST.VMC = 1
> >
> >        TEST.TOTAL = 0
> >
> > *
> >
> >        LOOP UNTIL FIELD(A, CM, TEST.VMC) = NUL DO
> >
> >           TEST.TOTAL += FIELD(A, CM, TEST.VMC)
> >
> >           TEST.VMC += 1
> >
> >        REPEAT
> >
> > *
> >
> >        IF TEST.TOTAL = 0 THEN
> >
> >           PRINT 'OK'
> >
> >        END ELSE
> >
> >           PRINT TEST.TOTAL, (TEST.TOTAL = 0), TEST.TOTAL - 0,
(OCONV(TEST.TOTAL, 'MD0') = 0)

> >        END
> >

> > Running this on our Universe system 11.1.1 produces:
> >

> > 0         0         0         1
> >

> > So, in other words zero is the total result in TEST.TOTAL but this does
not equate to zero.

> > Now I know I can get round this by rounding the answer but am not sure
why I should have to.  Any ideas?

Phillips"<martinphill...@ladybridge.com<mailto:martinphill...@ladybridge.com
77EE76A7@lbs8>>...

Hammerle"<zhamme...@hubert.com<mailto:zhamme...@hubert.com>>

zhammerle@hubertREMOVE_THIS.com<mailto:zhammerle@hubertREMOVE_THIS.com>
> > This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of GPM Development Ltd. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient ,you
are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or
use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error,

> > This e-mail was sent to you by GPM Development Ltd.  We are incorporated
under the laws of England and Wales (company no. 2292156 and VAT
registration no. 523 5622 63).  Our registered office is 6th Floor, AMP
House, Croydon, Surrey CR0 2LX.