Well, it's not really worth a fight as I am not a lawyer, but from the wed
site:

This edition is designed for single-user personal development and training
as well as sales demos. It is not for remarketing or use in production
environments.

The use of 'personal development and training' is quite explicit to me. I
would have thought that producing an application is production and if it was
supplied for code/application development, then it would not be limited to 2
users and small files as part of any development is the testing of a normal
working environment - large files and multiple users - all which can not be
done on a PE edition.

But, it's neither here nor there really as how can you develop an
application on an environment when you are locked out of important bug fixes
and work arounds and such stuff when you are not a VAR.

Which begs the point; any VAR here can inform if they get their in-house
development and testing U2/SB+/Web Dev software for free?

WJhonson wrote:

> That license does not mean "production of code"
> Rather it means "a production environment" meaning "in use by an end user
> who isn't a developer...."
>
> Of course developers can use the PE to develop code, that's the very point
> of making it free to developers.

-----

Learn and Do
Excel and Share