From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Symeon Breen
Sent: 28 January 2012 09:28
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] UniVerse Import XML data [not-secure]

The xml tools in u2 do allow very easily the extraction of certain elements
and attributes from xml files.  I have just the one 100 line databasic
program, I supply it the path to an xml file, the path to the .ext
extraction file, it then returns a dynamic array. Sometimes if you want to
go through more than 3 levels of nesting you have to recurs, but you would
have to do that anyway for MV data.

Like any xml processor the xml underneath has to be valid.  If the xml has
incorrect structure, a namespace that does not exist, a character set
mismatch it will fail , it will fail in php, java, .net, or U2

The guys at u2 did NOT write their own xml parser, they use the libraries
from the OS,  so on udt on linux, 7.1 used libxml, 7.2 uses libxerces - just
the same as php, or java, or the linux xml tools, like xmlwf.  So if it
fails in u2 it will fail in php.