From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wjhonson
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 5:03 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Turn a device and inode into file name

It seems like an "on the fly" scan across all possible filesystems would be
really slow.
I can't see how you can escape having a cross reference that gets rebuilt
periodically.
No one is going to want to wait a minute in interactive mode for a response.
No one else has encountered the issue that you can't tell what file a lock is
being set on?
Some people can tell from the key I suppose, at time, but many files can share
a similar key.
It seems odd to me, that after twenty years, we still have this issue in
Universe.