From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Don Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:07 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Detecting idle time in INPUT statement.

Thanks to all who responded.

At the point in the programs where this is a problem for us, we know the user
has a lock, we just want to release the lock. This will be done where they
already have the option of aborting so no problem with partial updates, etc.

The only gotcha on this is if they type one character, the INPUTIF will wait
forever on the Enter key but this isn't too likely.

The following code does this pretty well.