On 01/06/12 15:33, Israel, John R. wrote:
> If you are using dynamic arrays, switch to dimensioned arrays.  You will be
> amazed at the performance increase.
>
> John

And going by what you've said, what I would do - MAKE SURE THIS IS
DOCUMENTED IN THE CODE - is undersize the array with a DIM ARRAY(30)

I'm used to Pr1me-style arrays, so this will stick the first 30 fields
in the first 30 elements, and dump what's left in element 0. (If you use
Pick-style arrays you'll need to DIM (31) and they'll go in element 31).

That way, you get all the benefit of working with your first 30 fields
nice and fast, but you don't get hammered on read and write with
breaking all the other fields out.

Did I say make sure it's documented? Other programmers can get a nasty
surprise if they don't realise that's what you've done.

btw, I guess you're on UD? My experience is UV, but I think the BASIC is
pretty much the same even at that level?

Cheers,
Wol