Uv/NET ?  Wow.
I didn't know anyone actually used that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Manu Fernandes <e...@infodata.lu>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Tue, Aug 21, 2012 4:14 am
Subject: Re: [U2] Virtualizing a Universe server of 100+ users

hi,

we have done it with a 150 uv Enterprise edition, we run +- 3 sessions per user
+ UV/Net access.

database specs :
- 65GB, we use mostly DEFINE.DF vs 65BIT files

applications type
- SB+ / SBClient on telnet
- UV/Net is running ; we share another uv for "wharehouse" activity

hardware setting
- dell 12 proc, 256 GB ram
- SAN on SCSI

vmware setting
- ESX
- 4 processor dedicated
- 128 GB RAM

os setting
- Redhat Enterprise

-----------------
regarding a pure hardware system, same config, we loose 30% of perf.

then we push the memory larger the database, Linux push the complete DB on
cache
an we have a very powerfull system.

Manu

Eric Armstrong <earmstr...@lobelfinancial.com> a écrit :

Has anyone virtualized a Universe server of 100+ users, and if so, could you
share how it went?

Eric Armstrong
Programmer/Analyst
Lobel Financial

LOBEL FINANCIAL PRIVACY NOTICE:
This communication may contain confidential company information that is
protected by federal law. Federal regulations prohibit the disclosure (or
re-disclosure) of confidential information without the written consent of the
person(s) to whom it pertains. Additionally, the views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those
of the company.