Hi again,

> Well for networked UV systems, you would only need group and record locking
> *if* the UV systems were trying to write to each others hashed files.

Almost but there is still the possibility of the "remote" system reading a
group for which the "local" system has a group write lock and is changing
pointers.

I have in the past spent many happy hours fixing UV files where a client had
accessed the same file from two system using a Unix mounted drive to access the
remote file.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
+44 (0)1604-709200