From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Israel, John R.
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:29 AM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] Selection Suggestions for using UV instead of SQL

This gets a little trickier, but how about:

1) SELECT PEOPLE TO 1.
2) SELECT REGISTRATION WITH EID = '1' SAVING UNIQUE PID.
3) SELECT PEOPLE TO 2.
4) MERGE.LIST 1 DIFF 2 TO 3.
5) SAVE.LIST XXX FROM 3.

This does assume that steps 1 and 2 actually return at least 1 key.

MERGE.LIST is an amazingly powerful command.  It only works with the native
UniData (UniVerse?) syntax as do the specific list #s, but it is easy enough to
use the lower case verbs to force the individual commands to run in native mode.

John