since I often find myself working in mvBasic, Delphi, C#, javascript and
sometimes VB.NET at the same time it is the multiline end and else syntax that
is the one that trips me.

Basic

If cond Then
blah
End Else
blah
End

Delphi

If cond Then Begin
blah;
End Else Begin
blah;
End;

VB.NET

If cond Then
blah
Else
blah
End If

.. So sometimes the C# and javascript braces are welcome!

But I would add that good code is beautiful irrespective of the syntactic
vagaries of the chosen language - except for TSQL of course which is always
horrible. <grin>

Brian

Sent from my iPad