Remember also that triggers, as subroutines, are cached in memory so if you 
recompile a trigger  the changes won't be picked up by any processes that have 
not logged off or returned to TCL. 

Brian


Sent from my iPad

On 25 Jan 2013, at 22:18, Bobby Worley <bwor...@coburns.com> wrote:

> That's what I did, Perry!  GMTA ;)
> 
> 
> 
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Perry Taylor <perry.tay...@zirmed.com>wrote:
> 
>> You can globally catalog in a Pick-flavored account.  Copy the CATALOG VOC
>> record from the UV account to your Pick-flavored account VOC renaming it
>> something like ICATALOG.  We do it all the time for our file-based triggers.
>> 
>> Perry
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org [mailto:
>> u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bobby Worley
>> Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 3:03 PM
>> To: U2 Users List
>> Subject: Re: [U2] Triggers in Universe
>> 
>> The problem was the locally cataloged program.    I was in an account that
>> is PICK flavor and wouldn't allow global cataloging.  When I catalog the
>> program globally from the UV account the CREATE TRIGGER now works.
>> Thanks!
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Woodward, Bob <bob_woodw...@k2sports.com
>>> wrote:
>> 
>>> In Unidata the problem would be that the trigger has to be cataloged
>>> globally, not locally.  I'm not sure how to do that in Universe, though.
>>> 
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org [mailto:
>>> u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bobby Worley
>>> Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 1:33 PM
>>> To: U2 Users List
>>> Subject: [U2] Triggers in Universe
>>> 
>>> I'm up against a wall here - trying to use triggers for the first time,
>> on
>>> Universe.  Can't seem to get my test to work -
>>> 
>>> Universe on AIX:
>>> 
>>>     RELLEVEL
>>> 001 X
>>> 002 11.1.9
>>> 003 PICK
>>> 004 PICK.FORMAT
>>> 005 11.1.9
>>> 
>>>> BASIC BDW TRIGTEST
>>> Compiling: Source = 'BDW/TRIGTEST', Object = 'BDW.O/TRIGTEST'
>>> *
>>> 
>>> Compilation Complete.
>>> 
>>>> CATALOG BDW TRIGTEST
>>> "TRIGTEST" cataloged.
>>> 
>>>> .L TRIGTEST
>>> 
>>>     TRIGTEST
>>> 001 V
>>> 002 BDW.O/TRIGTEST
>>> 003 B
>>> 004 BNP
>>> 005
>>> 006 PICK.FORMAT
>>> 007 S²N²P²I²A²E²H
>>> 008 NO.WARN²NOPAGE²LPTR²KEEP.COMMON²²TRAP²HDR-SUPP
>>> 009 BDW.O
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> CREATE TRIGGER TRIGTEST BEFORE UPDATE OR INSERT OR DELETE ON RENTAL FOR
>>> EACH ROW CALLING 'TRIGTEST';
>>> Unable to locate trigger program "BDW.O/TRIGTEST".
>>> 
>>> 
>>> --
>>> 
>>> ____________________****
>>> 
>>> *Bobby D. Worley*
>>> 
>>> IT Applications Developer****
>>> 
>>> Coburn Supply Company****
>>> 
>>> o: 903.753.8613 | m: 214.676.9825****
>>> 
>>> bwor...@coburns.com****
>>> 
>>> ** **
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> U2-Users mailing list
>>> U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
>>> http://listserver.u2ug.org/mailman/listinfo/u2-users
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> U2-Users mailing list
>>> U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
>>> http://listserver.u2ug.org/mailman/listinfo/u2-users
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> 
>> ____________________****
>> 
>> *Bobby D. Worley*
>> 
>> IT Applications Developer****
>> 
>> Coburn Supply Company****
>> 
>> o: 903.753.8613 | m: 214.676.9825****
>> 
>> bwor...@coburns.com****
>> 
>> ** **
>> _______________________________________________
>> U2-Users mailing list
>> U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
>> http://listserver.u2ug.org/mailman/listinfo/u2-users
>> 
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
>> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
>> and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
>> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
>> prohibited. ZirMed, Inc. has strict policies regarding the
>> content of e-mail communications, specifically Protected Health
>> Information, any communications containing such material will
>> be returned to the originating party with such advisement
>> noted. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
>> the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
>> original message.
>> _______________________________________________
>> U2-Users mailing list
>> U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
>> http://listserver.u2ug.org/mailman/listinfo/u2-users
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> ____________________****
> 
> *Bobby D. Worley*
> 
> IT Applications Developer****
> 
> Coburn Supply Company****
> 
> o: 903.753.8613 | m: 214.676.9825****
> 
> bwor...@coburns.com****
> 
> ** **
> _______________________________________________
> U2-Users mailing list
> U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
> http://listserver.u2ug.org/mailman/listinfo/u2-users
_______________________________________________
U2-Users mailing list
U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
http://listserver.u2ug.org/mailman/listinfo/u2-users

Reply via email to