On 28/01/13 23:26, Peter Cheney wrote:
> Could use the trigger program to call one or more external subroutines based
> on the trigger action required?
> I understand that the external subroutines are not cached and can be updated
> without needing to stop/start the master trigger.

Never tried this, but you should be able to break the cache if you so
wish ...

MYSUB = "subroutine name"
CALL @MYSUB

See my other post about the catalog and caching :-) but this will cache
the object code in the variable MYSUB. If you reload the variable with
the subroutine name EVERY CALL, it should load the object code afresh
every time.

Never tried it, can't guarantee it, but if you use this sort of code in
your trigger program it should work fine without caching. When it's all
tested and working, you can change it to "CALL *MYSUB" or whatever.

Cheers,
Wol