"/...but I've created systems with master triggers that read a list of subordinate triggers from a control file and call them in order./"

This appears to be the "best practices" of managing triggers in UD. Once explained, it seems the most logical method of managing triggers and allowing individual dbms accounts to use local versions of trigger subroutines.

Bill

----- Original Message -----
*From:* br...@brianleach.co.uk
*To:* 'U2 Users List' <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
*Date:* 1/29/2013 1:08 AM
*Subject:* Re: [U2] Triggers in Universe
Peter

Yes, they are still cached but you can derive the name - it's an overhead but
I've created systems with master triggers that read a list of subordinate
triggers from a control file and call them in order. Then these can have a
version stamp appended when catalogued.

IN practice I found the overhead of reading the list was minimal compared with
the overheads on calling the trigger in the first place, and because it's
happening all the time on a busy system that control file is constantly cached
in memory anyway.

Brian