From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Kevin King
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 7:36 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] [OT] Interview Questions

This is not specifically a job posting, but I do have ads up on Monster and
LinkedIn looking for talent.

At the risk of confessing too much, I have historically been far too easy in
the interview process.  As a result, I have had some less-than-excellent hires
and spent far too much time and money trying to rescue underperforming and/or
recalcitrant staff.  Therefore, I'm planning to be much more discriminating
this time around, and am building a series of technical questions to help
quickly identify those that have the right skills, abilities, and attitude for
our team compared to those who may not.

That being said, I have a question for the group:

Technical questions aside, what are the best interview questions you've asked,
been asked, or otherwise heard about that help differentiate between the
candidates worthy of additional consideration vs. those that are not?

Each company is different of course, but that aside I'm hoping to get some
ideas to cut to the heart of the matter as quickly and efficiently as possible,
both for the sake of the interviewer and the interviewee.  (My technical
interview is bordering on 200 questions and growing at an alarming pace.) If
there were a half dozen questions to open with that could help set the stage
for what may be to come, that could be very beneficial for everyone in this mix.

Also, in an effort to keep the OT to a minimum, please don't ask me questions
about the positions here.  If you have questions, email me directly or through
LinkedIn.  I'd prefer to keep this topic on point of your recommended interview
questions.