From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of jeffrey Butera
Sent: 28 February 2014 14:22
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Reporting Tools

I'm looking for feedback from those in any industry about your report needs
with U2 and what tools you use to solve them.  In short, Entrinsik has
serious inroads in the academic community and Informer is a reasonably good
and inexpensive tool for most reports.

However, we are running into issues with some users like to write large
reports.  Large, by out standards, are reports with 200+ columns in the
output.

Are others writing reports with this many output fields?  If so, are you
ever running up against limits in the sentence size (U_SENTLEN)?  Our limit
is about 9700 chars and we have some reports hitting this limit.
I'm having a hard time explaining to some VP types that the database can't
handle this size report...

Any feedback is welcome.

--
Jeffrey Butera, PhD
Associate Director for Application and Web Services Information Technology