On 3/3/14, 3:21 PM, Jeff Schasny wrote:
Jeff,

What I think many of us are suggesting is essentially "if it hurts when you do that, don't do that" i.e. if the query language won't accomplish what you want to do, use something else.

Jeff

Believe me - I hear you (and others). But my administration isn't listening because they all think this is a reasonable request ("excel can handle 200+ columns"). So if I can't make this work in Unidata I'll have to move to MSSQL which I really, really, really don't want to do.

At this point I'm just trying to understand the limit on the number of fields in a LIST statement. I know in my case that it's not a sentence length issue as I might've thought earlier so I'd like to know what is causing this (with the understanding that I very well may not be able to solve this).

Jeff