Jeff:

I've written a little BASIC utility that takes a file, selects what I want, then outputs via the ITYPE function as a CSV file to the spooler. I wonder if that gets around the 150 field limit, since it's in BASIC? I know UniData is weird regarding this kind of thing. For instance, they also have something like a 256 "item" limit in a query statement...

:SELECT MYFILE WITH CUST# = "1""2""3"..."256""257"

...will abort. This too is "hardwired". However, a neat little utility provided by U2 called "LSELECT" selects items whose field definition value is in a list, so if you're on the web you'd first allow the user to select stuff, put it into a list, then use LSELECT to select the items from the file...kind of like:

:SELECT CUSTOMERS WITH LAST_ACTIVE > "01/01/13"
500 records selected to list 0.
>SAVE.LIST MY.LIST
Overwriting existing saved list.
500 key(s) saved to 1 record(s).
>LSELECT SALESORDERS WITH CUSTNO IN MY.LIST VERBOSE
(Parsed Command)
LSELECT SALESORDERS WITH CUSTNO IN MY.LIST TO 0

(Selected List)
List Source MY.LIST found 500 items.

(Create Temp File)
LSELECT0031 file created with MOD = 3

(Loaded List to Temp File) - 500 items.

1436 key(s) saved to 1 record(s).
(Selected Result List)
UDT.COMMAND = select SALESORDERS WITH EVAL "TRANS('LSELECT0031',CUSTNO,'@ID','X')" GT "" TO 0
UDT.RESPONSE = ■1436 records selected to list 0.■■
Destination 0
Named List 0

(Delete Temp File)
LSELECT0031 file deleted...