From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of George Gallen
Sent:
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:00 PM
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: RE: looking for faster Ideas...

Mike, doing what you propose would require a massive file to start with, and

would require a crap load of disk reads, which would be far slower then a bunch

of cases, and the project isn't worth that kind of investment anyway. But thanks.

the source line would look something like

"","jon c smith","1234 anywhere st","","","somecity","SS","12345-1254",""

I'm looking for "smith" & "12345" and sometimes "anywhere"

We may get a call from john smith (john not jon because they

didn't spell their first name), didn't leave their middle init and

didn't give us their 9 digit zip, only 5 digit zip.

So I can't build any indexes. Searching for multiple pieces on the same line

   pretty  much gives a fairly good matchup considing the source and match

   data aren't EXACTLY the same.

Any of course, I'm not going to go hog wild in doing this. Creating a temp

file, parsing into dynamic arrays loops and lookups...way too much, rather

just use PERL to pre-process.