Title: Message

I just got a digiport server running on Universe/Linux.  We have a door/people counter on it and an RF mux.  We used cat5 basic wiring with rj45 to db25 converters.  Pins 2, 3, 7 (tx, rx, sig gnd) are all that were needed.  If the digi driver installs properly and such it should be pretty simple.

Anthony Dzikiewicz

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Brutzman, Bill
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:38 AM
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: Serial Connectivity

We are considering connecting a scale [used to weigh parts] having an RS-232 port to our HP Unix, UniVerse-based ERP system.

Digi appears to have the best unit to go from serial to ethernet.  While we do have an HP serial port "hub", I would rather not wire a serial home-run from the server to the scale.

Thus, I seek suggestions on voodoo to best make a connection between say UniBasic and/or UniObjects and a serial or ethernet device.

--Bill