The "Digi One" series is useful for single device applications.  We're using a "Digi One SP" (single port) terminal server for a lone holdout who demands keeping an ancient serial terminal instead of using a networked PC.  There was a problem initially connecting to a Solaris system, but Digi worked with us and modified their firmware.

Kent