Thanks for the replies!

>If you hate typing CLEARSELECT or any other long command
>why don't you just create a shortened command?

Because then I'd have to put it in every account, whereas 'L' is already
everywhere. I just assumed it was some general command because this is the
second company I've worked at that has it in the VOC (one on unix, the other
on NT).

Very interesting post on the PRIMOS stuff... we are running INFORMATION
flavor.

Also, I can run 'DOS' no problem, but it's interesting that you can get the
same error by not having rights to 'cmd'. It's probably a coincidence, but
the old command 'CT' doesn't work right on my system either.